Learn Squarespace at Peninsula College
Learn to build and/or maintain your own Squarespace.com website in comfort in a beautiful state-of-the-art Peninsula College classroom.
Windows laptop computers are available for every student to use while you follow live demonstrations on the giant-screen wall monitor. I’m so excited, this is truly an ideal setting to learn Squarespace.
Tuesdays, April 10 - may 15, 2018
6:00 - 7:30 PM
Six 1.5 hour Sessions, $95.00
(Class fee does NOT include Squarespace subscription.)
Community Education Course
Non-Credit Class at Peninsula College
East Jefferson County Campus, Bldg 202, Ft Worden
Look for the Peninsula College mailer in your mailbox March 1st. Or sign-up online today!
"I’m starting to get comfortable with editing stuff—I made several changes with success. I was smart to pick you and Squarespace!!!" —Squarespace customer & student
"I kept using the same old outdated program and I wanted to change the look of my website and have it function better with social media. So I signed up for a website class with Isabel Bay Design and Adrienne helped me to come up with this new design. It took me several months and I am still tweaking it but I am very happy with the new design. If any of you need help building your website, Adrienne Robineau is a very talented and experienced web guru. She also offers many classes for the do it yourselfer." —Diana Cronin, EggAndIPottery.com
Experience Required: using the Internet.
Windows laptop computers are provided by the college!!!
-Or- bring your own laptop computer with wireless Internet capability and power cord, with Squarespace supported browser installed.
BEGINNING SQUARESPACE: first we will...
- Start from scratch and register a new URL or use an existing one and use either Squarespace's 14-day Free Trial or pay for 1-month or 1-year subscription
- Or upgrade your old Squarespace account/website to the new Version 7
- Or log into your current Version 7 Squarespace account/website
Then we will go over some or all of these topics:
- Select a template
- Learn to switch between templates
- Customize your chosen template, fonts, colors, layout, etc.
- Learn typography, color use, style hierarchy, design, layout, etc.
- Add, edit, update, design:
- pages and folders
- text and images
- slide shows and galleries
- news and events
- forms and surveys
- links and buttons
- code and videos
- social media accounts
- your logo, favicon, etc.
- Customize your Squarespace account settings
- Understand page layouts, columns, index pages, types of pages
- Add, update, edit, watermark, images and photos
- Create events, news and blogs
- Add PayPal buttons
- Embed code, videos, etc.
- Work on Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Use Squarespace Help
- Integrate MailChimp and social media services
- Understand your Web services: registration, hosting, email, Squarespace, etc.
- Learn Squarespace tips and tricks
- Connect domain name to your new Squarespace site
- And if you're ready... launch your new website!
Your class goals may be:
- Create a new website from scratch
- Update an old, out-dated, existing website
- Learn to do most, if not all, your own site maintenance
- Add a significant amount of new content or reorganizing your existing content
- Finish your site in progress
- Connect your new Squarespace site to your custom domain name